Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What is your dream?!

Becoming rich, growing your business, getting married with your soul mate....Do our dreams have to be big ones? I read once in a book that you should dream big ones. When I was little I didn't have a dream, I always see on t.v shows kids saying when I grow up I want to be a doctor healing people bla bla or a lawer helping poor people or a football player to be rich and famous or I see the actress saying I was acting in front the mirror since I was 3. I didn't have any of these dreams or others than them. But what I know is that two years ago I started reading and I have found it pretty good. And I started to have that dream that I want to read all the books in the world actually I don’t want to work I want to read forever I want to read everything, I love to take notes, I love writers' notes about other books so I buy these books and take my own notes. Does this count as a dream? I really want to do so and why being a doctor or getting married is considered dreams and reading and studying don't. I am stuck in here because whenever I answer that question what is your dream? Even in spin the bottle game I see a look on the faces which I don't like followed by smiles which also don't please me, as they were telling me, you're bullshiting us, that's not a dream.
So I decided to really search inside me for any hidden dreams, so let see, being a model, no it doesn't suit my body at all. A tennis champion maybe, I always had a thing for Steffi Graf when I was little, but I'm 26 now and never played tennis do that count obstacles to accomplish my dream? Do making a tour in Europe -specially visiting France and Spain- counts as dreams? Or it is just a wish which depends on fortune availability? I am so confused now about that. 
I never dreamed about building my own business, actually I have no problem with working for others, and I do not have any special talents like painting, playing music or whatever talents that lead to local and international competitions for instance, and I don't like architecture career that much to dream being Franc O Gehry or Zaha Hadid 2.
I am not lying believe me, there are no other hidden dreams, and why searching for others since I do have one, and I do find joy in reading and discovering new things in books and take real steps toward realizing it by not wasting a day without reading, and who said there are rules and standards for dreams?
I didn't give you that stupid look when you said your dream is getting married to your soul mate, the thing that will vanish the second day you marry him, so why you're giving me that look?
Yes that's my dream so deal with it and apparently I didn't ask you for any help so why this look Mr. judge playing spin the bottle or Mr. t.v. show presenter? Just please if any of you have an explanation for that look tell me and if any of you know the judge of the dreams number or address send it to me immediately to consult him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment